The programme was launched in 2010 by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the United States Department of State. In Pakistan, the programme is managed and administered by the United States Educational Foundation (USEFP) and in America by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX).
The programme has gained gigantic popularity among Pakistani students in no time with almost 100 students after studying under this scholarship in 2010-11, returned to Pakistan to complete the rest of their semester in Pakistani universities.
The programme offers Pakistani university students to study for one semester in one of American universities with an aim to exchange positivity in terms of culture and academics.
The applicants of this scholarship programme are required to be enrolled in their 14th or 15th year of education. The agae limit for this programme is 25 and the students enrolled in a two year graduation programme are also eligible to apply.
The scholarship is usually announced in the month of Oct/Nov. It is also to be noticed that the programme is only for one semester and students have to return to Pakistan in order to complete his degree.
· An applicant must be the citizen of Pakistan
· He/she should be 25 or younger
· He/she must be enrolled in any of the Pakistani universities and committed to return to Pakistan
· He/she must possess strong leadership qualities
· A serious attitude to learn about the United States
· He/she must be strong in his academics
· English proficiency
· Students from different backgrounds. The ones who had no chance to travel internationally are encouraged to apply.
· The citizen having dual citizenship of US/Pakistan
· Having parent/parents and fiancé who is a US resident
· Employees of Fulbright Organization or US department of state
· The students who are in the final year of their university
The programme is advertised in the months of Oct/Nov every year and application forms are required to be submitted online. All other documents like photocopies of transcripts (attested by the authorities) including an explanation of grading scale of university issuing the degree.
NOTE: After selection, you will be asked to provide a Reference Letter and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the university you’re studying at.
Share Your Comment